Software Testing is most important task in software development.Once you developing a software Application,you have to understand the software development life cycle.like wise Software Testing Life Cycle is also parallel goes with the Software Development life Cycle.
Now I am going to explain section by section of Software Testing Life Cycle.
1. Requirement AnalysisIn Requirement analysis phase need to understand of all the software requirements.for this you can use Software Requirement Specification (SRS) Document.
2. Test Case Writing
In this phase you have to write test cases by covering all the features and functionality in application.
Test Case Document should contain following sections.
- Test Case Name :- Name Of the Test Case (Ex : Click Ok Button)
- Test Case :- How that test should do (Ex: Go to X window and Left Click Ok Button)
- Expected Result : - Result Of the Test (Ex : Y window Display)
- Status : - Actual Result of test case Pass/Fail
- Comments : - Special Remarks of the test case.
3. Test Case Executing
Executing test cases in test case Document and filling.
4. Issue Reporting
During the application testing you have to track all the issues currently having.for this you can use issue tracking tool.
After fix the issue you reported by the developer you have to retest that.above 3,4,5 STLC phases you have to follow as a cycle until application come up to some standard.
6. Release Product
In this phase you are ready to release the application.you have to make release notes for it.In release not contain all the areas you tested and what are the knows issues in this release application.